Welcome!
The first rule of this blog is that there will be no suggesting of the names Randy, Candy, or Sandy for this baby. Don't do it. The second rule is that these posts may not be for the faint-hearted. Who knows what will happen over the next 30 weeks.
I was going to call the blog *andy - which came from someone my mom works with. It comes from internet searches that contain some parts of a word. Kinda like the baby contains some parts of Mandy and Andy. So, thanks Joe, even though I don't know you. But I do know you have a good sense of humor. In the end I went with winebaby because I think its cute. I am a dork (are you just realizing this now?).
Here are some Baby Stats-
Estimated Date of Arrival: February 9th 2007
Baby Likes: Gorshe Spaghetti, Naps, Massages by Chloe, KFC Popcorn Chicken, Kicking
Baby Dislikes: Middle East Violence, Bad Drivers, A Baby Story, Job Hunting
Sex: Wouldn't you like to know?
We had our first ultrasound yesterday! I feel so lucky to have experienced that way earlier than I was supposed to. That's why the picture is a bit sketchy. I also feel lucky because nothing was out of the ordinary and I had worried that it may be. Baby (Any pseudonym suggestions? Erin has suggested Gnarls like as in Gnarls Barkley. I kinda like it.) was kicking and doing a bit of active floating. It is beautiful!! We even have a picture which I will talk about later. Anyway, I had a weekend of high anxiety that something might be wrong, a bit of spotting, and general angst. I think I am doing better now. I love that my doctor's office took me so seriously and treated me with great care even though I think I sounded slightly neurotic. We went in to try and hear the heart beat, but it is still pretty early. So they were able to squeeze us in to the ultrasound lab to take a peak. It was the coolest.
The picture is not the coolest. It's pretty hard to tell where the baby is, but it is a great reminder of the incredible experience of seeing her move around. Not sure what the double vision is all about. Additionally, there is what I
can only describe as an image of the "Quiznos Subs Goblin" in the corner. Seriously. I am not the only one who can see this. Like I wonder if I have a goblin living in the corner of my uterus. I could see if it was the image of Colonel Sanders (before he went you-know-what up) or a Chicken Fajita Burrito from Chipotle because I eat those with regularity. I hate Quiznos. Gross. And now I can't get that song out of my head.
I have been getting some great advice from friends and family who have had babies. I have also gotten great support from my non-babied people too. We don't have many babies in our circle yet, so it is a bit uncharted. Things that I have learned so far are that naps are good, snacks are good, it is normal to be a bit psycho, you can read too much about pregnancy on the internet and in books, and I can drink 8 glasses of water a day if I put my mind to it. I love that everyone is so excited - this baby is super lucky to be born into our families' and friends' lives. We are lucky to have you all too!
Well, my stomach is a bit growly right now. My mom just read to me that soon the baby will grow accustomed to hearing my "inner sounds" like my intestines, blood pumping, and growling stomach. I'm sure I will have no problems keeping myself sedated with food over the next few months.
If you are interested in what babies in general are up to at 10 weeks and 4 days, click here for more info. I don't think that I will be posting everyday, but let's face it, I only work like 5 hours a day right now. And my mandatory nap time seems to be decreasing. See you next time...
I was going to call the blog *andy - which came from someone my mom works with. It comes from internet searches that contain some parts of a word. Kinda like the baby contains some parts of Mandy and Andy. So, thanks Joe, even though I don't know you. But I do know you have a good sense of humor. In the end I went with winebaby because I think its cute. I am a dork (are you just realizing this now?).
Here are some Baby Stats-
Estimated Date of Arrival: February 9th 2007
Baby Likes: Gorshe Spaghetti, Naps, Massages by Chloe, KFC Popcorn Chicken, Kicking
Baby Dislikes: Middle East Violence, Bad Drivers, A Baby Story, Job Hunting
Sex: Wouldn't you like to know?
We had our first ultrasound yesterday! I feel so lucky to have experienced that way earlier than I was supposed to. That's why the picture is a bit sketchy. I also feel lucky because nothing was out of the ordinary and I had worried that it may be. Baby (Any pseudonym suggestions? Erin has suggested Gnarls like as in Gnarls Barkley. I kinda like it.) was kicking and doing a bit of active floating. It is beautiful!! We even have a picture which I will talk about later. Anyway, I had a weekend of high anxiety that something might be wrong, a bit of spotting, and general angst. I think I am doing better now. I love that my doctor's office took me so seriously and treated me with great care even though I think I sounded slightly neurotic. We went in to try and hear the heart beat, but it is still pretty early. So they were able to squeeze us in to the ultrasound lab to take a peak. It was the coolest.
The picture is not the coolest. It's pretty hard to tell where the baby is, but it is a great reminder of the incredible experience of seeing her move around. Not sure what the double vision is all about. Additionally, there is what I
can only describe as an image of the "Quiznos Subs Goblin" in the corner. Seriously. I am not the only one who can see this. Like I wonder if I have a goblin living in the corner of my uterus. I could see if it was the image of Colonel Sanders (before he went you-know-what up) or a Chicken Fajita Burrito from Chipotle because I eat those with regularity. I hate Quiznos. Gross. And now I can't get that song out of my head.I have been getting some great advice from friends and family who have had babies. I have also gotten great support from my non-babied people too. We don't have many babies in our circle yet, so it is a bit uncharted. Things that I have learned so far are that naps are good, snacks are good, it is normal to be a bit psycho, you can read too much about pregnancy on the internet and in books, and I can drink 8 glasses of water a day if I put my mind to it. I love that everyone is so excited - this baby is super lucky to be born into our families' and friends' lives. We are lucky to have you all too!
Well, my stomach is a bit growly right now. My mom just read to me that soon the baby will grow accustomed to hearing my "inner sounds" like my intestines, blood pumping, and growling stomach. I'm sure I will have no problems keeping myself sedated with food over the next few months.
If you are interested in what babies in general are up to at 10 weeks and 4 days, click here for more info. I don't think that I will be posting everyday, but let's face it, I only work like 5 hours a day right now. And my mandatory nap time seems to be decreasing. See you next time...

1 Comments:
Den if it's a boy
Denise if it's a girl
Post a Comment
<< Home