Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Frequently Asked Questions

I thought I would use today's entry to answer the most frequently asked questions I've received since we began telling people about the baby.

How do you feel?
Well, it depends on the minute of the day of the week that you are asking. Overall I haven't felt too bad. Lucky for me, I get to take lots of naps and take it pretty easy. I have felt very nauseous from time to time, but I haven't thrown up. I have an increased desire to eat and a decreased desire to clean and wash dishes.

Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?
Some careful eyes caught yesterday's posting about "her" movements. :) It raised some suspicion. No, we both feel like we want to wait until he arrives. :) Ergo, expect to see he and she used throughout the posts.

Have you started buying baby stuff?
Nope. :) But if you're interested in helping to clean out our nasty 2nd bedroom, I'll let you know when to come over.

How does Andy feel?
He is excited! We've been talking about having a baby for some time, so he wasn't surprised either. :) He is going to be an awesome dad. He knows a very cool disc golfing baby (our friends' son, Finn), so that helps the cause. Baby already has a frisbee spectator visor and many plans to attend various functions in the not-so-distant future.

Are you a little freaked out?
Yep. We are both very excited, but this will obviously be an adventure. It is hard to anticipate what to expect (although I am reading 3 books and check out something on the internet daily). Parents tell us that we will feel this way the rest of our lives. Also, I'm here to tell you that I tend to float on the edge of crazy overboard, but I bet you all know that.

What about your baby cats?
Chloe and Bruno are doing well. :) I don't think that we will have problems when the baby arrives. There is a lot of information out there about introducing felines to their human siblings. Chloe has spent a lot of time napping on my belly, which I like to think of as quality time between sisters (ok, or sister and brother). Those of you who have met her though know she is a bit, how you say, overboard with her affections?.

Any weird cravings?
Not yet. But I am a craving-type person. So even when I am not pregnant if I am hungry for something I have to eat it now. That continues in pregnancy.

Is there really an ice rink in your uterus and the baby has little skates on?
Surprisingly, no. As you can see in the ultrasound picture even if this is a hockey-player baby, it is not practicing quite yet, DAD. :)

Thanks for checking out the blog. It is a fun thing for me and many people have emailed me that they are happy to read too! Feel free to post comments by hitting "comments" down at the bottom of the page. I think that you may have to register, but I never have received any harassing messages from having signed up. Hopefully my computer technician will soon help me add some other cool stuff. See you next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home