Don't Bother Me, I'm Thinking.
Last Frid
ay night we took Henry to visit Santa Claus (see exhibit A to the left). It was one of those times when I really felt like life was different. Standing in line to see Santa Claus for 40 minutes seemed so parental. And it's not even like Henry asked to see Santa, it was my idea. It was hilarious to see the other kids look at Henry and pat him on the head (little kids love to pat babies on the head, it seems). The little boy in front of us was named Henry too, so we heard about all the Henrys that he knew. It was cute.
As you can see from the photo, he wasn't too thrilled with the jolly one. He was semi-amused when he first saw the photographer (wonder why?), but really held back tears when he realized that he was sitting on a strange guy's lap. He did good enough for a photo. Andy calls him LL Cool J since one pant leg is up. Ha!
The title of this post is from the beloved holiday classic film, A Christmas Story. And just like Ralphie in the movie, I tried to cut in line. Not on purpose, but I just wasn't paying that much attention. And the lady just stared me down instead of telling me that I was cutting in line. Welcome to the parent club. Geesh.
Yesterday we had our annual cookie day event with the ladies of our family. It was very fun! Many delicious cookies were made and some eaten. Henry helped himself to 2 sugar cookies and enjoyed them greatly. He was pretty cute!
I hope all of you holiday preparations are going well! Take care.
ay night we took Henry to visit Santa Claus (see exhibit A to the left). It was one of those times when I really felt like life was different. Standing in line to see Santa Claus for 40 minutes seemed so parental. And it's not even like Henry asked to see Santa, it was my idea. It was hilarious to see the other kids look at Henry and pat him on the head (little kids love to pat babies on the head, it seems). The little boy in front of us was named Henry too, so we heard about all the Henrys that he knew. It was cute.As you can see from the photo, he wasn't too thrilled with the jolly one. He was semi-amused when he first saw the photographer (wonder why?), but really held back tears when he realized that he was sitting on a strange guy's lap. He did good enough for a photo. Andy calls him LL Cool J since one pant leg is up. Ha!
The title of this post is from the beloved holiday classic film, A Christmas Story. And just like Ralphie in the movie, I tried to cut in line. Not on purpose, but I just wasn't paying that much attention. And the lady just stared me down instead of telling me that I was cutting in line. Welcome to the parent club. Geesh.
Yesterday we had our annual cookie day event with the ladies of our family. It was very fun! Many delicious cookies were made and some eaten. Henry helped himself to 2 sugar cookies and enjoyed them greatly. He was pretty cute!
I hope all of you holiday preparations are going well! Take care.

1 Comments:
I am impressed!! Almost 1 and a Santa picture with no tears!! :) He is absolutely adoreable! I have to meet him sometime! We will be in town for new years...are you going to be around Eagan at all then?? Let me know! Enjoy the season with Henry...kids make it all magical again!!
Post a Comment
<< Home