Poison Control
Tonight we made our first call to Poison Control.
I'm surprised that it took this long for me to freak out about something. (I did call animal poison control over the summer, but that's a different story.)
This story has a happy ending, so don't fear.
I came home from conferences at 8:30 tonight. Hens was still awake, cuddling with Andy. I gave Henry a kiss, to which he responded by grabbing my face. He also grabbed my ear and hair, like he was a magician pulling a quarter out from behind my ear. Immediately his hand flew to his face and he started acting like he was chewing something. I teasingly said "Are you eating my hair!?!" I touched my hair and ear and discovered that the back to my earring was gone. He was still chewing, so we swiped his mouth and came out with nothing.
We called Poison Control. They offered two options. 1 - take Henry in for an X-Ray to find out if he really had eaten it. 2 - Just wait it out to see if it comes out. Arg. They confirmed that it wouldn't poison him.
We looked around for the earring back after the call. I knew we wouldn't take him in for an x-ray. I also knew that I wouldn't rest easy until we established the location of the earring back.
Henry seemed happy and didn't choke or anything (which he has been gagging on his food a lot lately), so that was reassuring. Then Andy found the earring back on the couch. Which means that he did swipe it off and did intend to eat it. Jeez. Not everything is food, Hens.
So, there is the happy ending. He didn't eat the earring back and I will sleep well tonight. Until he wakes up and freaks out, which he has been uncharacteristically doing lately.
Oh yeah. And he's pretty much crawling. Look out world!
He also had his first school pictures today. Cute.
I'm surprised that it took this long for me to freak out about something. (I did call animal poison control over the summer, but that's a different story.)
This story has a happy ending, so don't fear.
I came home from conferences at 8:30 tonight. Hens was still awake, cuddling with Andy. I gave Henry a kiss, to which he responded by grabbing my face. He also grabbed my ear and hair, like he was a magician pulling a quarter out from behind my ear. Immediately his hand flew to his face and he started acting like he was chewing something. I teasingly said "Are you eating my hair!?!" I touched my hair and ear and discovered that the back to my earring was gone. He was still chewing, so we swiped his mouth and came out with nothing.
We called Poison Control. They offered two options. 1 - take Henry in for an X-Ray to find out if he really had eaten it. 2 - Just wait it out to see if it comes out. Arg. They confirmed that it wouldn't poison him.
We looked around for the earring back after the call. I knew we wouldn't take him in for an x-ray. I also knew that I wouldn't rest easy until we established the location of the earring back.
Henry seemed happy and didn't choke or anything (which he has been gagging on his food a lot lately), so that was reassuring. Then Andy found the earring back on the couch. Which means that he did swipe it off and did intend to eat it. Jeez. Not everything is food, Hens.
So, there is the happy ending. He didn't eat the earring back and I will sleep well tonight. Until he wakes up and freaks out, which he has been uncharacteristically doing lately.
Oh yeah. And he's pretty much crawling. Look out world!
He also had his first school pictures today. Cute.

2 Comments:
Scary! I'm glad everything turned out okay. We had plenty of scares like that when Finn was a baby.
I ate my moms earing, it finally came out last week!
-DK
Post a Comment
<< Home