Friday, August 24, 2007

Funguy

All of this rain has brought our once-dormant grass back to a new, vibrant, green life. There are also several mushrooms sprouting up, inspiring me to write an update about our funguy.

Henry has rolled over. But we just haven't really seen it. How is this possible, you might ask. Well two Tuesdays ago I woke up in the night to hear him whining in his bed. When I went in to check
on him, he was laying on his tummy. Surprise! He has continued to roll over onto his tummy most nights over the last couple of weeks. But a daytime roll-over? Not so many. I saw him "pretty much" roll over at Angie's house. My mom saw him roll over this week. There is no evidence that he can roll from tummy to back though. He's a funguy.

Henry is so joyful. He loves to "talk," watch his cats (they bring such a big smile to his face), play wit
h his toys, visit with his people, and try to move around. Last weekend we went to the cabin with our friends and he was so fun there. We spent time on the boat, playing with toys, eating, and napping. He's pretty charming when doing any of those things. His smile is contagious. He's a funguy.

Henry's mouth is a-changin'. Input: formula (blah - try again mom), carrots,
pears, squash, plums, apples, grapes (frozen in a mesh bag), and pear juice. Output: what I fondly call "poop patties" - curious little things compared to the runny squirts of breast milk. While Henry was ferociously gumming my finger yesterday, I felt something a little different. Not soft gums gnawing on my finger, but ridgy, hard bumps. Could this be a tooth? The eye cannot see a tooth, but there's definitely one there at the surface. Hoorah! He's a funguy.

Remember how my last post was called "
Signs That Fall Is Just Around The Corner?" Well, here comes the biggest sign of all - back to school on Monday. I'm sure his teacher at day care is cheering at the thought of getting the funguy back. My mom pointed out yesterday how fun it will be to see him interact with other kids at this age. Who knows? Maybe a week from now I'll be telling you that he is crawling, walking, or potty trained. OK, probably not. But while my heart hurts from being separated from him during the day again, it's pretty amazing to watch this funguy grow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lochner5 said...

You take some great pictures!! I love all of the ones that you post!! Good luck with school on Monday!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

oh goodness, those photos are taken by our personal photojournalist, grampa rich! :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Great post! He gets cuter every day.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Magical Maya said...

Oh, Mandy! I feel your pain with leaving your funguy behind. I'm feeling the same way about my fungirl! She is SOO much fun to just watch develop before my eyes. Every time she learns a new skill I quietly mourn the earlier Maya at the same time I celebrate my maturing daughter!
Good luck on your first week back! I'll be thinking of you:-)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Magical Maya said...

Ps. (Although it need not be said as I'm stating the obvious..) Your little man is HEART MELTINGLY adorable!!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home