12 Week Update
Last Friday marked the 12 week point for winebaby gestation so today I went to the doctor. Jill was originally going to go to the appointment with me because allegedly we were going to hear the heartbeat today. My doctor ended up delivering a baby and having another patient in labor, so my appointment got pushed back. Jill and I went out for lunch and when I picked her up we tried to hear the baby with the Doppler at her clinic. We couldn't hear it there, but the baby can parle francais. :)
So this afternoon at my doctor we still couldn't hear it! This babykins is a stubborn one (not surprising since we are both pretty stubborn too!). So I had another ultrasound and saw the little one hanging out in utero. Both the ultrasound tech and doctor exclaimed "Oh it's really low!" I imagine that means the baby is hanging out pretty low in my uterus. Its heart appeared to be beating strong, so I was very happy to see that all is well. The baby was very still today. I don't have an updated photo to share with you, but it was still pretty hard to make out what we were looking at. I also checked on whether or not it's ok for Chloe to traipse across my stomach whenever she wants. Turns out the massages by Chloe for baby are just fine. The doctor laughed pretty hard when I asked that question.
For those of you who have been following my obsession with getting a baby book, I got one! I am very excited. I can't wait to start filling it out. I'm not sure what my deal is with it, but I love looking at mine so I think that has something to do with it. Noah's Ark is not going to be our theme, but I love the little frogs and animals. It also has a stripe the same color green I'm hoping to use in the baby's room.
I purchased this book at Babies R Us. That's right, I said it. This store has intimidated me my entire adulthood. It just seems way over the top. But today I was near one and it seemed like the thing to do. It was actually pretty interesting. They have everything a baby could need (and more). It reminded me that strollers are scary and big. And in 7 months there will be no such thing as traveling light for a long time. Yikes.
It was confirmed this weekend that the baby loves cheesy popcorn. We spent the weekend at the Corbett Cabin and had a great time. This hot stretch of weather is becoming unbearable, but being able to swim and hang out with our friends was pretty nice.
In this 101 degree heat, I feel really bad for the ladies I saw at the doctor today who look ready to tip over because they are so pregnant and so hot. It will be nice to have a cool, snowy February baby.
See you next time...
So this afternoon at my doctor we still couldn't hear it! This babykins is a stubborn one (not surprising since we are both pretty stubborn too!). So I had another ultrasound and saw the little one hanging out in utero. Both the ultrasound tech and doctor exclaimed "Oh it's really low!" I imagine that means the baby is hanging out pretty low in my uterus. Its heart appeared to be beating strong, so I was very happy to see that all is well. The baby was very still today. I don't have an updated photo to share with you, but it was still pretty hard to make out what we were looking at. I also checked on whether or not it's ok for Chloe to traipse across my stomach whenever she wants. Turns out the massages by Chloe for baby are just fine. The doctor laughed pretty hard when I asked that question.
For those of you who have been following my obsession with getting a baby book, I got one! I am very excited. I can't wait to start filling it out. I'm not sure what my deal is with it, but I love looking at mine so I think that has something to do with it. Noah's Ark is not going to be our theme, but I love the little frogs and animals. It also has a stripe the same color green I'm hoping to use in the baby's room.
I purchased this book at Babies R Us. That's right, I said it. This store has intimidated me my entire adulthood. It just seems way over the top. But today I was near one and it seemed like the thing to do. It was actually pretty interesting. They have everything a baby could need (and more). It reminded me that strollers are scary and big. And in 7 months there will be no such thing as traveling light for a long time. Yikes.
It was confirmed this weekend that the baby loves cheesy popcorn. We spent the weekend at the Corbett Cabin and had a great time. This hot stretch of weather is becoming unbearable, but being able to swim and hang out with our friends was pretty nice.
In this 101 degree heat, I feel really bad for the ladies I saw at the doctor today who look ready to tip over because they are so pregnant and so hot. It will be nice to have a cool, snowy February baby.
See you next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home