I Don't Get Me
I have just put Andy through one of my most manic projects EVER. And I do mean manic. Yesterday my mom suggested that perhaps we could make the basement look more usable (as opposed to the kitchen, which will never be). We have two little rooms off the main part of the basement that have oddly finished ceilings and one has drywall on a few walls. Perhaps something like an office rather than all storage?
GREAT IDEA, mom! I think she had this brain genius because she was cramming to do her final paper for her class today and had a major task underway at work yesterday. This is one way I know I'm related to her - our best work seems to come at the highest stress points. I also know I am related to her because of our pink cheeks during presentations and glasses of red wine.
Anyway, I got this wild hair to turn one of the rooms into a playroom for The Hens. I have been complaining that we need to move, in part, because he has very limited space to play around here. This conversation happened yesterday at about 10:30a and by now, 9:30p on Saturday night, we have:
1. cleared out that room and moved some stuff over to Scott & Julie's house.
2. scoured the walls with bleach water and a brush. (GROSS)
3. primed and painted the concrete and dry walls.
4. shopped at IKEA for storage & rugs.
5. sorted some toys to go down to the playroom.
6. eaten at CiCis Pizza Buffet (kind of weird, but kind of OK).
7. downloaded Thriller by Michael Jackson.
8. retired to the couch until tomorrow, when we will load the room.
I feel almost neurotic that it happened, but I think I really needed to do something for us to enjoy on this house. It will be fun to see something new for us to enjoy. I'm not sure that it will help us sell our house, but I do think that it will give us a tiny bit more space until we do move.
Photos will be posted tomorrow. Now if I could just get the same passion to finish my capstone...
GREAT IDEA, mom! I think she had this brain genius because she was cramming to do her final paper for her class today and had a major task underway at work yesterday. This is one way I know I'm related to her - our best work seems to come at the highest stress points. I also know I am related to her because of our pink cheeks during presentations and glasses of red wine.
Anyway, I got this wild hair to turn one of the rooms into a playroom for The Hens. I have been complaining that we need to move, in part, because he has very limited space to play around here. This conversation happened yesterday at about 10:30a and by now, 9:30p on Saturday night, we have:
1. cleared out that room and moved some stuff over to Scott & Julie's house.
2. scoured the walls with bleach water and a brush. (GROSS)
3. primed and painted the concrete and dry walls.
4. shopped at IKEA for storage & rugs.
5. sorted some toys to go down to the playroom.
6. eaten at CiCis Pizza Buffet (kind of weird, but kind of OK).
7. downloaded Thriller by Michael Jackson.
8. retired to the couch until tomorrow, when we will load the room.
I feel almost neurotic that it happened, but I think I really needed to do something for us to enjoy on this house. It will be fun to see something new for us to enjoy. I'm not sure that it will help us sell our house, but I do think that it will give us a tiny bit more space until we do move.
Photos will be posted tomorrow. Now if I could just get the same passion to finish my capstone...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home