Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Birthday Eve Again

As I looked back at the posts on this date the last two years, I am entirely grateful to say that I am much more at peace this year than I have been the last couple of Birthday Eves. Two years ago Henry was about to be born and last year we were in the middle of what would become a year-long moving process. On my birthday this year I am delighted to spend the day with my almost two-year old, in our new house!

I just got our Christmas cards out yesterday. I struggled to narrow down the perfect photo sequence to capture Henry this year. I am happy with the finished product. The last few years we have included a family quiz as a way to inform (ok, quiz) our loved ones about the events of the year for us. This year I just couldn't get a quiz together. All of the questions kept going back to Henry & his magnificence (yes, I hear you rolling your eyes) or our house project.

While these are both important topics, the questions seemed awkward. The truth is our family was incredibly blessed this year. Henry is magnificent and amazes us regularly. Its weird how things we take for granted as adults - walking, talking, memories, coordination - are such achievements as kids. It is fun and rewarding to watch him grow and influence the world around him.

A year ago I would never have believed that we would have taken the journey that we did to move into a new house. Andy and I, along with the
support and guidance of our families, took on a task that I didn't think we were capable of (and said so many times). The paperwork, documentation, emails, phone calls, decisions, (perceived) crises... and then the labor of the project - really added up to a big deal. :) We were so blessed by our families and friends who were willing to lend a hand (or some of you lent whole bodies), words of wisdom, or a comforting shoulder on this house project. I feel pretty sentimental about the whole thing, as you can probably tell, but it was much more of a commitment than we had bargained for.

I fully expect that you rolled your eyes a few times throughout the post. :) Perhaps my proximity to 21+9 years old (next year) has made me more contemplative or something. In case you were wondering of my plans and what I'll be eating tomorrow... hanging out with Henry and my parents in the morning. Having lunch with whoever gets off work early in the day. Running a few errands. Princess Torte from Woullette's. Hosting a rockin' NYE party with homemade pizzas, frozen Cosmopolitans, Guitar Hero World Tour & hangin' with our friends.

Enjoy your New Years Eve and may 2009 bring good things to you. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Kuzma said...

Happy, Happy, HAPPY Birthday to our Sweet Bean ... We have spent much of the past year - and the 29 years prior : ) - being amazed with our first borne as well!

What a year you have had ... we are glad that you are enjoying the Blessings of ALL your "labors."

We love you so much! XXOO
Mom and Dad

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home