Friday, August 20, 2010

Firing and Wiring.

Henry, discussing a battle wound on a triceratops at the MN Science Museum.
Henry is on fire with crazy things he says these days. They delight us, puzzle us, and frustrate us. Here are a few more snippets of his brain in action. Literally, I think we can see his synapses firing and wiring.
[Andy & Henry are driving in the car. It has been silent for some time.]
H: "Daddy, you are freaking me out."
A: "Why, buddy? I didn't say anything."
H: "You are so silly."
***
H: "Mama, what is time?"
M: [Silence. STILL. How do you even start to explain the concept of time?!]

***
[We are in the car, on a 15 minute ride.]
H: "Mom, I have to go potty."
M: "Do we need to stop at a gas station or can you hold it?"
H: "Gas station."
[We stop and go in. Jack is in the car seat. Henry and I are standing at the toilet.]
H: [Huge grin]. "I don't have to go potty! I didn't even drink anything."
[We pack up and leave the restroom. As we go out the door, Henry turns to me...]
H: "I have not been to a gas station. Gas stations are BEAUTIFUL!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home