Saturday, February 20, 2010

Movin' Along - Day 6

Things are movin' along for Jack A. Wineberg on Day 6. He is still in the Special Care Nursery at the hospital, but I have been able to stay here with him each night and we visit him a lot during the day. Today he was granted unrestricted eating access, meaning that he can eat as much as he can handle. Prior to this they were limiting his food intake to carefully monitor how well he could digest, etc. We had a champion nursing session at 7p tonight (right after his first bath!). He ate so much that he didn't even need to bottle feed to finish filling up afterwards. He's been doing both, but I think that I am producing enough milk to fill him up now. Hoorah!

At his 10pm vitals check/feeding he will likely move into an open air crib. This is a big transition to make sure that his fatless little body can keep him warm. He's got many layers of clothing on and has been keeping his temp up well, so it should go well.

This has been quite an experience - one that I could never have planned or imagined for us last Monday while I was laying around on bed rest, watching six episodes of Bones. We are really, really lucky to be supported by our friends and families. Thank You! Many of you are offering food and help - we are definitely interested! I am going to reply to you next. :) Henry is so grown-up about everything. He seems like a giant to me now; a really smart, sturdy giant. :) He is so looking forward to the time when he can meet Baby Jack, his "brodder." Hopefully that will be very soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Kuzma said...

We are SO happy that Jack is doing so well ... And that you are ALL doing so beautifully with the challenges of his early birth ... we are just so proud of you and your sweet family!

Of course we are eagerly waiting - impatiently at times! - for Jack's homecoming and to see those sweet brothers together and for your family to be all in one place!

We love you all tons ...
XOXOxoxo Miammie and BaPa

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home