Monday, August 14, 2006

Good News!

Its been a little while since the last post, but everything has been going fine so there hasn't been too much to report. We're at 14 weeks now. I think that I am starting to be able to feel the baby's pouch and I am starting to "pop" a little. I don't really think that it is baby quite yet, but as Todd pointed out the baby needs somewhere to grow into. I like that. :) Last night I think that the baby was doing some serious growing because I was having lots of stretchy feeling. Either that or she got into the dancing mood at Dave and Beth's wedding and was getting her groove on. She did hear her favorite Prince song and definitely performed "the dance" with Erin. :) I think AJ has some photos out there...

There is some happy news for the baby mommy (& daddy too!) - a new job!! Hoorah. On Friday morning I interviewed at Robbinsdale Cooper High School. I went to the interview unsure about the position because I wasn't familiar with the school and it was only posted as .5 FTE. The assistant principal called me shortly after I left and told me at that time that the position had been upped to .6. I think I had expressed some concern about the limited number of hours during the interview.

So when they called to offer the position in the afternoon, they were really excited and really wanted me to come there. I asked if I could have until this morning to think about it since financially .6 is way off from 1.0. Then Andy and I went to the wedding rehearsal and shut my phone off. Well the assistant principal called 2 more times. He was able to get the position up to .8 (full benefits, I think) where I will even get to teach an advanced class and get some training for that. Coolness!! :) I called him back on Saturday morning and accepted the position. I also told him at that time that I was pregnant. I just felt like emotionally I couldn’t hang on to that information for very long. But his response was, "I kind of thought you were." Yikes! And he said that is a good thing and obviously he couldn't retract the position legally or anything. So I was very excited and relieved. I think that I will be able to go and pick up my teaching stuff within the next few days. I will be teaching 9th grade geography, which I haven't taught, but have always really wanted to. I was even on a little committee at Tartan to create a geography course.

I know that many of you have been keeping me in your thoughts and I thank you for that. Patience is not my best virtue, but I think this will be a great thing. See you next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you found a job. I am so excited for you! It must relieve so many stresses, which is ideal while pregnant. Too bad you are going to have to cut back on nap time though:)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home