on THIS birthday eve...
So on this birthday eve, I’ve decided to glance back at last year’s festivities. Many things are the same, but of course some are different too.
SAME – Furniture drama goes on. I spent my Christmas money on a new wardrobe for our bedroom. I don’t think it was our longest furniture project, but it was the one where we had to re-do the most number of steps. There were a whopping 35 steps to putting it together. Now that you’ve looked at it, are you impressed? It’s nice. I hope it helps us sell our house.
DIFFERENT – My eyes are good. I use 2 kinds of drops and a nasal spray (not sure which one is actually doing the trick, but I’m not about to mess with the cocktail).
SAME – I have a cold again over the break.
DIFFERENT – So do Andy and Henry. Henry, as you may recall, was not around last year at this time, so he couldn’t have had a cold. These days he enjoys playing with all his toys, shaking his head no (especially while eating), riding on his roarrrring lion, and cruising on the furniture.
SAME – I will be going out for a birthday breakfast with the Kuzmas again this year. I will have a breakfast burrito. I will ring in the New Year with buffalo wings and my homies at Erin and AJ’s in Shakopee. I have plans to celebrate with the Winebergs next week.
DIFFERENT – Jill and Andy have to work this year so they can’t come to breakfast. Henry is coming to breakfast. We are going to the Day by Day Café in Saint Paul this year.
SAME – I remember my mom at 28 even more than at 27. It was when we built the house that my parents still live in and I totally remember that. I am old. They are older. Hehe.
DIFFERENT – Today we headed out to the Minnesota Zoo. It was very fun. The coolest part was that most of the animals on the Minnesota Trail were extremely active. The lynx and the wolverines were playing around. Not inter-species, but with their own kind. The coyotes were scouting and chasing a bird. The puma was pacing around. Andy enjoyed the Minnesota fish tank. Henry seemed mostly happy and watched a few of the animals.
SAME – I’m still a fan of my birthday.
Happy New Year!
SAME – Furniture drama goes on. I spent my Christmas money on a new wardrobe for our bedroom. I don’t think it was our longest furniture project, but it was the one where we had to re-do the most number of steps. There were a whopping 35 steps to putting it together. Now that you’ve looked at it, are you impressed? It’s nice. I hope it helps us sell our house.
DIFFERENT – My eyes are good. I use 2 kinds of drops and a nasal spray (not sure which one is actually doing the trick, but I’m not about to mess with the cocktail).
SAME – I have a cold again over the break.
DIFFERENT – So do Andy and Henry. Henry, as you may recall, was not around last year at this time, so he couldn’t have had a cold. These days he enjoys playing with all his toys, shaking his head no (especially while eating), riding on his roarrrring lion, and cruising on the furniture.
SAME – I will be going out for a birthday breakfast with the Kuzmas again this year. I will have a breakfast burrito. I will ring in the New Year with buffalo wings and my homies at Erin and AJ’s in Shakopee. I have plans to celebrate with the Winebergs next week.
DIFFERENT – Jill and Andy have to work this year so they can’t come to breakfast. Henry is coming to breakfast. We are going to the Day by Day Café in Saint Paul this year.
SAME – I remember my mom at 28 even more than at 27. It was when we built the house that my parents still live in and I totally remember that. I am old. They are older. Hehe.
DIFFERENT – Today we headed out to the Minnesota Zoo. It was very fun. The coolest part was that most of the animals on the Minnesota Trail were extremely active. The lynx and the wolverines were playing around. Not inter-species, but with their own kind. The coyotes were scouting and chasing a bird. The puma was pacing around. Andy enjoyed the Minnesota fish tank. Henry seemed mostly happy and watched a few of the animals.
SAME – I’m still a fan of my birthday.
Happy New Year!

3 Comments:
Check out the official name of the wolverine ... I think it might be Siwa's imaginary friend ...
Hello, Hello, How do you do?
The "Old" Grammie B Ha!
Happy Birthday!
I love the Day by Day Cafe. Mmmm garlic fries.
I also love your choice of wardrobe dresser at Ikea. We have a white one for Finn -- it's been awesome.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mandy! Sorry we didn't get a chance to see you while home. Hopefully next time! The time flew by, I thought of you on Monday though! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home