Saturday, December 30, 2006

On This Birthday Eve...

So for those of you who know me well, you realize that tomorrow is one of the biggest days of my year (and for a select few poor souls who love me a lot). My Birthday. I will be 27 tomorrow. My mom told me a story today about when she turned 27 and the scary part is I have memories of her being 27! Winebaby will only have photos to look at to see its' parents at age 27.

So, how I am I doing at week 34? Well, I've gone "pregnant crazy." Here are some examples of what I mean. I have not worn my right contact for more than 4 hours a day for over a week. That means that I pretty much can't see out of that eye. It's because I have viral conjunctivitis - an eye cold. I have driven myself around 1 day out of the last 7. I also have a nasty regular cold. This morning I googled "cough and pregnancy" to make sure I can't cough myself into labor. And I was seriously worried. (I can't, according to the internet gods by the way). I have had to be cleared to take 2 kinds of meds this week - both are Class C drugs meaning "take this drug if the benefits outweigh the risks." What a stupid label.

Perhaps the most "pregnant crazy" comes out of our search for baby room furniture. So we're just about 6 weeks away (which doesn't mean we're guaranteed the full 6 weeks as you know) and there is a big ladder, a box of wine, and random Christmas stuff sitting in with the baby's room. Our crib finally came in, so we went to get it today. My day out this week consisted of me driving around fretting about where and when we're going to get baby furniture. Today we went to a few places and it just made me more anxious. So, when we're picking up the crib we decide that we are just going to buy the spendy dresser that matches the crib. And that makes me happy. Now we have the dresser and have to go back for the crib this week. So I guess that we will need a changing table and a comfy chair and then we'll be ready to fill it up with baby stuff and The Baby. This whole story makes me feel very crazy for some reason.

Tomorrow we have some fun plans - breakfast at my favorite breakfast spot, The Longfellow Grill, with my my parents, Jill and Jordan and dinner with our friends at Maggiano's. It will be a great day of eating. On Thursday night I celebrated with Scott, Julie, and Krissa at Granite City. Birthday parties are fun.

Have a great New Year. Thanks for reading, if you made it past all my moans and groans. :) See you next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

because i evidently have a lot to say today, i will also post the first comment. i just cut all the tags off the baby clothes that we have so far. the baby has an entire laundry basket full of clothes! and chloe tried to chew on some of them, but i just know they're gonna be best friends. :P

7:27 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Happy B-day and New Year!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home