Saturday, December 09, 2006

An Arm? A Leg? A Knee?

Yesterday I was poking around at the baby through my belly and a cool thing happened. There was a very hard spot to the right of my belly button that did not have a symmetrical counterpart on the left side. Soon I started to feel the mysterious appendage move around. This is the first time that I have felt some movement that didn't seem erratic like a jolt, poke, or thump. I could actually tell that it was a specific part of the baby. And after about a half minute, the baby pulled whatever it was away and that spot was soft again. It was cool. Now that the baby is starting to put on some serious poundage, I am sure this will become more common. Some people have told me that you can actually see a foot, knee or elbow sticking out later in pregnancy. That's pretty fantastic.

See you next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy
Can I come hug your bell in attempts to hug your baby?
Susan

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Mandy! From ASchlukebier

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home