Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tidbits

Today I pulled my bangs back to wax my eyebrows and wallow over all the acne on my forehead. It is really heinous this week. Anyway, there were all these little baby hairs under my bangs. Krissa told me a few weeks ago that she saw them coming in when she was doing my hair, but now I can see them too. I guess that you stop losing your hair at a normal rate when you're pregnant, so your hair seems thicker. But these have to be new hairs too since they are mini.

You may know that I have been taking Master's in Education classes for the last year. I signed up for my class this fall thinking that I could handle it. Turns out the point of the class is to write the first three chapters of the capstone, which is like the MAEd version of a thesis or dissertation. So this week I am in the middle of a whole bunch of research and trying to synthesize it by Thursday. Yowsah. I have evoked the "imagine your baby floating happily inside you" mantra to make sure that the baby doesn't feel overwhelmed. This paper on top of teaching two new classes at a new school and preparing for the baby. Yikes. Can you say stressed? Neither can I, there isn't enough time...

We've decided on the baby's room color - Celery Bunch by Behr. Andy and Scott will be painting over the old nastiness soon. Hoorah!

The baby is really moving around a lot. A few times her movements have startled me! This is by far one of the coolest parts of being pregnant.

Tonight I got to see most of my girlfriends. We haven't all been together for awhile, so it was very fabulous. It was book club night and Brie cooked us a fantastic meal of baked potatoes, chili, salad, and apple crisp/brownie cupcakes. It was so delicious. Our new book is Marley and Me.

The baby has received more sports-themed apparel. Tiny Wild socks from Jill and a Timberwolves outfit from Grandma Julie and Grandpa Scott. Good thing the baby doesn't own any Twins gear yet. :)

Next week is MEA. That is the coolest.

See you next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy-
You amaze me all the time. Your dedication to the advancement of your education is great...(and the increase in pay won't be bad either) Way to think happy thoughts for the baby though. Isn't it that a calm baby makes for a happy mamma and a happy mamma makes every one happy? Good Luck on the paper junk, I know that you will be pleased with the end product, especially the reduced stress.
I think it is getting time to post a new picture of you to show those of us that don't get to see you on a regular basis what the baby looks like...or we just want to see you pregnant and call you cute....which ever gets a new pic posted.
Miss You Bunches! Hugs and Kisses! (that goes to Andy too :P )
Buergers

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home