Orange Chicken to Baby, Like Jumping to Bean?
Tonight I decided I'd better write, because in 2 weeks we will have THE ultrasound to report on. And it has been a while since I posted. Needless to say, its been hectic the last few weeks. School is back on and I am getting settled into a new building. Things are going well. The staff is helpful and the students are keeping me busy. The week ended with the delightful news that since my contract hadn't exactly been on par with union mandate, I won't be required to report for duty until just after 9 each day. How's that for a growing baby - sleeping until 7!?! I'm pretty lucky.
One student noticed I was pregnant the first day of school. Depending on what I'm wearing, it is becoming more noticeable that there's a baby growing in there. But I was still surprised that she noticed. And at the end of the day she got another student to ask, and I warned them of the danger of asking a woman that question. They are very excited and have suggested their names as possibilities. They have also said that the baby is probably annoyed at what a loud class they are and I agreed. :)
The baby should be 5" long by now and roughly the size of a sweet potato. Change is definitely occurring. I'm in the zone to start feeling the baby move, so every feeling I have in my abdomen is suspicious to me. I have been told by the moms that it will feel like an eye twitch in my below or a fluttering feeling. On Friday I had one of the best meals in recent memory with Erin and Jill at PeiWei. If you ever need to suck up or impress me for some reason, get me some food from there!! Haha. I had some semi-spicy orange chicken and it was so good. Afterwards I though I felt a fluttering when I was at home. Then, after eating leftovers last night I felt the same thing. So I started to suspect that orange chicken is to baby as jumping is to bean. But today, nothing with the last bit of leftovers. So either I imagined it all, it was actually gas from the spicy food, or the baby was too tired to budge today since we spent yesterday at Valleyfair.
Two weeks ago I had my 16-week appointment and all was well. The only thing to report was that my hemoglobin was a bit low, but no one seemed alarmed. The baby's heartbeat was very audible this time and sounded great!
Soon it will be time to start setting up the baby's room. Yikes! See you next time...
One student noticed I was pregnant the first day of school. Depending on what I'm wearing, it is becoming more noticeable that there's a baby growing in there. But I was still surprised that she noticed. And at the end of the day she got another student to ask, and I warned them of the danger of asking a woman that question. They are very excited and have suggested their names as possibilities. They have also said that the baby is probably annoyed at what a loud class they are and I agreed. :)
The baby should be 5" long by now and roughly the size of a sweet potato. Change is definitely occurring. I'm in the zone to start feeling the baby move, so every feeling I have in my abdomen is suspicious to me. I have been told by the moms that it will feel like an eye twitch in my below or a fluttering feeling. On Friday I had one of the best meals in recent memory with Erin and Jill at PeiWei. If you ever need to suck up or impress me for some reason, get me some food from there!! Haha. I had some semi-spicy orange chicken and it was so good. Afterwards I though I felt a fluttering when I was at home. Then, after eating leftovers last night I felt the same thing. So I started to suspect that orange chicken is to baby as jumping is to bean. But today, nothing with the last bit of leftovers. So either I imagined it all, it was actually gas from the spicy food, or the baby was too tired to budge today since we spent yesterday at Valleyfair.
Two weeks ago I had my 16-week appointment and all was well. The only thing to report was that my hemoglobin was a bit low, but no one seemed alarmed. The baby's heartbeat was very audible this time and sounded great!
Soon it will be time to start setting up the baby's room. Yikes! See you next time...

2 Comments:
I have to say I'm not looking forward to painting. Can't we just leave that room with the cool green sponge paint? The previous owners did such a good job.
Andy, you're stuck. Sorry. When you're done painting you can come over and help me finish the wood floor in ours ... our painting is done at least ... good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home