Jelly on My Belly
Yesterday I went to Jill's clinic to play with the Doppler. We still hadn't heard the baby's heart beat, so she said I could come in and try to get a listen. We heard it!! It was pretty cool - swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. I guess since babies' hearts aren't fully developed they make a different sound than ours, so they are able to find the heartbeat that way. His heart is beating strong! :) Jill had put some of that gel on my stomach and her boss said "do you think you put enough gel on her stomach?" and that caused me to laugh really hard. Belly out for all to see, jiggling the way you might picture Santa's... at least Jill has to love me and not judge me. :)
Even though I said "his heart" earlier, I have to tell you that I had a dream two nights ago that Baby Wineberg is a girl. I had to have a "non-painful" c-section (I guess you don't feel pain in dreams, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't feel so good in real life). Instead of the normal incision, they sliced me from about sternum to pubic bone and yanked the baby out. I was still pretty happy in the dream though.
We went to Ely last weekend and I finally saw everyone since announcing the pregnancy. Everybody is pretty excited! The Kuzma, Wood, and Jacobson Grandparents all will become great-grandparents for the first time in February. Grandma Wineberg will be a g.g. for the 7th time. We had a great time swimming, visiting, and sitting around the fire. My aunt Nancy led Jill, my mom and me in a burp-cloth making craft. They are very cute! Maybe something for me and Erin to sew on her machine...?
And last but not least in our updates, I am the proud owner (and wearer) of maternity pants. I have felt like my pants don't fit since mid-June (yes, it was maybe in my head). Now that I have to go places with pants on (as opposed to my very comfortable knit gauchos), I had to buy pants. I was pretty pumped to buy my normal sized pants with a little extra somethin'-somethin'. Two styles at The Gap are really nice because they are still very fitted; you pretty much just can't tuck your shirt in and no one knows what you are wearing. The third is the full panel, which is what comes at the end of the pregnancy. I feel so much better! My old jean capris made me feel like I was pushing the baby into my spine. That's no good.
I started my new job today, so now I have to go learn about geography. :) True or False: The equator is at 0 degrees longitude. See you next time...
Even though I said "his heart" earlier, I have to tell you that I had a dream two nights ago that Baby Wineberg is a girl. I had to have a "non-painful" c-section (I guess you don't feel pain in dreams, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't feel so good in real life). Instead of the normal incision, they sliced me from about sternum to pubic bone and yanked the baby out. I was still pretty happy in the dream though.
We went to Ely last weekend and I finally saw everyone since announcing the pregnancy. Everybody is pretty excited! The Kuzma, Wood, and Jacobson Grandparents all will become great-grandparents for the first time in February. Grandma Wineberg will be a g.g. for the 7th time. We had a great time swimming, visiting, and sitting around the fire. My aunt Nancy led Jill, my mom and me in a burp-cloth making craft. They are very cute! Maybe something for me and Erin to sew on her machine...?
And last but not least in our updates, I am the proud owner (and wearer) of maternity pants. I have felt like my pants don't fit since mid-June (yes, it was maybe in my head). Now that I have to go places with pants on (as opposed to my very comfortable knit gauchos), I had to buy pants. I was pretty pumped to buy my normal sized pants with a little extra somethin'-somethin'. Two styles at The Gap are really nice because they are still very fitted; you pretty much just can't tuck your shirt in and no one knows what you are wearing. The third is the full panel, which is what comes at the end of the pregnancy. I feel so much better! My old jean capris made me feel like I was pushing the baby into my spine. That's no good.
I started my new job today, so now I have to go learn about geography. :) True or False: The equator is at 0 degrees longitude. See you next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home