Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ho Hum.

While you all watch the season premiere of Gray's Anatomy, I will post a new blog entry because I am DVRing it and have to wait to watch it. We got out of class early and I just missed catching it live. So, ho hum.

I thought of a few funny things about pregnancy the last few days:

1.) On Saturday I enjoyed another scrumptious meal at PF Chang, another favorite. Not as good as my Pei Wei trip, but I think the gold is in the Orange Chicken. Anyway, Cassie and Brie helped me buy some new maternity pants. I realized yesterday while going to the bathroom that I haven't worn pants with zippers in over a month. Isn't that weird? I wear those pants with the nice stretchy band at the top. They're ok, in my opinion. Now my problem with them is that my shirts aren't long enough to cover the band. That's a bit embarrassing. One of the pair that I did buy (the cute black ones - Cass and Brie I figured out they were longs, so I exchanged them for a regular pair) DOES have a zipper. I felt all grown up again today to have an actual zipper to use. Maternity pants are weird. They're pretty tight in the legs and butt. Not normally a problem for me, so I whipped open the dressing room door at Motherhood Maternity (DON'T get me started on my feelings about that store) and asked the nearest pregnant woman if that's a normal way for them to fit. She said yes! Then at the check-out I asked her if she buys maternity underwear. Cripes! How personal and it just slipped out. But she laughed (and said no, so I didn't buy any yet either). Those are my thoughts on maternity pants.

2.) Do you know that some people have a tough time gaining weight while they are pregnant? It's a serious problem for some. Lucky for me, I have no problem with that. I know that during the first trimester a lot of women are really sick, so it makes it hard to eat. But into the second trimester seems harsh. I have not experienced this problem and I'm glad. I'll be interested in how much I weigh on Monday at the doctor. She told me last time that starting at the 20th week (HALF WAY TOMORROW!!), I will gain 1 lb a week!! Crazy.

We're going to the cabin tomorrow, so I probably won't post until after the ultrasound on Monday. It will be exciting. Enjoy your weekend. Keep the roadkill stories coming, they're fabulous!

See you next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home