Monday, September 18, 2006

Cats, Cows, and Bees

So the prenatal yoga has commenced and it's going well. My goals for taking this class were to do something active and meet some other preggos. So far we're on track. Tonight I talked to a woman who is due the day before me. It was nice to see if some of my issues matched hers. They do. :)

For you yogis out there, my all-time favorite pose is cat-cow, especially now that my lower back has been hurting a little bit. And the breathing feels really good with it. Do you know that I am going to have to go through labor to have the baby? I honestly felt kind of shocked last week when she started saying things like "this breathing exercise will help you when you're in labor" and "you might want to labor in this pose a bit." I mean I knew I would have to go through labor, but now I am actually practicing and that seems scary. We also did a breathing exercise called bee breath, which I have never done before. I have done lion's breath, which is fun. Bee breath is much quieter and a little hum on your exhale. I can see how it could be "calming" during labor, if there is such a thing.

On a semi-unrelated note, I ran over a squirrel today. I was very traumatized. So was the squirrel. In my rearview mirror I could see it flattened, so I thought "quick and painless death." Then, I saw it flopping its' tail to flail itself to the side of the road, all flattened out. I cried most of the way to work and had to call Andy. On the way home I drove by and saw it completely smashed into the road on the opposite side where I last saw it. I feel kinda bad. It just seemed to be in a lot of pain. Feel free to share your roadkill stories in the comments section. I'm sure the baby will just love to read those in his baby book someday. :)

Just one week until the ultrasound and we are very excited! Nothing to report on the baby room improvement project. Yikes.

See you next time...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Mandy ... I once ran into a duck and also cried about it. Very traumatizing. Some people wouldn't feel bad about a squirrel, so you can at least feel good that you cared! :o)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hit a deer in the middle of the day off hwy252. I mostly swore and stuff. I was on my way back to St Cloud. I was mad.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy
First of all thank you for the laugh! It sounded like I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Next,I was with my dad when he hit a sparrow, not such a huge ordeal but I can still hear the last "chirp"; makes me feel bad.

Third, I commend you on the yoga....it made me feel so weird;I have to say that I enjoyed the breathing part though! I hope that it helps with your labor! Labor can't be as bad as we think. I mean really, people continue to have babies all the time because it is "such a beautiful event." I'm trusting you'll tell me what the real deal is in 4.5 months.

Fourth, I was thinking about the baby's room- maybe instead of painting it you could just get a really huge oversized poster of San Fransisco! :P

Lastly and truly, I am really proud to call you my friend, this baby is so lucky to have a mom that considers so many different things and what would bennefit her unborn best! I wish I were sharing this experience with you....maybe I could gain a bunch of weight and take hormone pills to get some of the same side effects with out actually having a child! :)

I will anxiously await news about the ultra sound! send my best to Andy! Miss you and love you!
Sue

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Perhaps some martial arts artifacts are also appropriate, Sue... :)

Do you know the words to "Only You" in several languages? I bet the baby would love to hear that.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home