Happy Birthday Month, Dad!
Well, we've cleaned out the second bedroom and moved furniture. Andy and Scott have plans to paint next week. Very exciting! Moving out all of "our" stuff from the baby's room was a little weird. Soon we will start to fill it back up with baby furniture.
The baby is doing well. He has been pretty active, especially in the evenings. The movement has been towards the back a lot lately, so the baby must be facing backwards or something. Most likely I am just noticing it more in the evenings when I am not reminding ninth graders that they need to keep their hands to themselves, can't call each other bad names, have to pass their classes to graduate from high school, etc. The joys of raising other people's kids.
I haven't given out an update on what the baby should be up to at this point in gestation in awhile. If you want to see baby's development right now, check this out. The 26-week mark is on Friday of this week. I can't believe that we are getting so close. Looking at that 26 is very intimidating, but exciting. (I screwed up earlier when I put 27 weeks. Good thing the Baby Center people help me out.)
In other news, today is the beginning of Andy's birthday month. Hoorah! Today is the start of the Timberwolves season, and as Andy pointed out in the comments section of the last post, the baby will now become familiar with the excitement of basketball. My mom pointed out that there are less than 100 days left until the anticipated arrival of the bambino. Yowsah. And I am about to turn in my next draft of my capstone paper and be done with it for a little while. That is some welcome relief. My next session of prenatal yoga begins on Monday. And, of course, we can now listen to Christmas music without words. (Sometimes I listen to it with words before Thanksgiving; that is so living on the edge. Check out Sarah MacLachlan's new CD, Wintersong.) That is some real good news.
I also posted a link to the Star Tribune's site so that you can check out which offices you will be voting for next week. It is really helpful. I think that the baby would approve of this civic-minded message on its' site. :) VOTE! These offices have just as much, if not more, impact on you as presidential elections. Check out the link called My Vote to the right.
See you next time...
The baby is doing well. He has been pretty active, especially in the evenings. The movement has been towards the back a lot lately, so the baby must be facing backwards or something. Most likely I am just noticing it more in the evenings when I am not reminding ninth graders that they need to keep their hands to themselves, can't call each other bad names, have to pass their classes to graduate from high school, etc. The joys of raising other people's kids.
I haven't given out an update on what the baby should be up to at this point in gestation in awhile. If you want to see baby's development right now, check this out. The 26-week mark is on Friday of this week. I can't believe that we are getting so close. Looking at that 26 is very intimidating, but exciting. (I screwed up earlier when I put 27 weeks. Good thing the Baby Center people help me out.)
In other news, today is the beginning of Andy's birthday month. Hoorah! Today is the start of the Timberwolves season, and as Andy pointed out in the comments section of the last post, the baby will now become familiar with the excitement of basketball. My mom pointed out that there are less than 100 days left until the anticipated arrival of the bambino. Yowsah. And I am about to turn in my next draft of my capstone paper and be done with it for a little while. That is some welcome relief. My next session of prenatal yoga begins on Monday. And, of course, we can now listen to Christmas music without words. (Sometimes I listen to it with words before Thanksgiving; that is so living on the edge. Check out Sarah MacLachlan's new CD, Wintersong.) That is some real good news.
I also posted a link to the Star Tribune's site so that you can check out which offices you will be voting for next week. It is really helpful. I think that the baby would approve of this civic-minded message on its' site. :) VOTE! These offices have just as much, if not more, impact on you as presidential elections. Check out the link called My Vote to the right.
See you next time...

2 Comments:
Hi Little Wineberg Baby!!!
I can't wait until your arrival. We are hoping that you come into the world on Feb 8. Matt would like that. That would be a great birthday present. We still would like to see more pictures. I am glad to read that you got excited when the "Wild" was playing. Be good to your mom. She is very special.
Love you,
Tracy
Hi Grandbaby!
I hope you enjoyed the T-Wolves game last night and learned something too. If you misbehave and say bad words you can get a technical. It's just like a time-out so make sure you are a good sport.
At work the other day I was looking at the cute costume a co-worker's baby girl had on and I just had to brag that it is only a little over 3 months until I get to show pictures of you!
You'll have to show me your moves next time I see your mom.
Love Gramma Julie
Post a Comment
<< Home