Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Wild" in the Belly

Those of you who are cheering for a hockey fan/player will be pleased to know that the baby was super active while we were watching the Wild game last night. In fact, we could see the baby moving around from the outside. Of course it is too early to make out body parts, but we could see some thumps. Just imagine the excitement when the baby finally hears the Timberwolves games on TV....

The baby and I have thoroughly enjoyed our MEA break. We had breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with our friends and family. We shopped, cleaned, learned, relaxed and did school work. There was even some baking. It was pretty nice. I went back to Babies R Us on Wednesday with my mom and sister and did not cry this time. :) Some of you know that my first trip was very traumatizing. We actually found a stroller that I like a lot. I also bought a great book, recommended by Kari, called Baby Bargains. It helps you sort through the enormous amount of information about baby products that are out there. It is doing great things to reduce my anxiety about buying baby gear.

Tomorrow is the 24 week check-up at the doctor. We DVR'd a television show called "In the Womb" about in utero development that we have been watching. It's an excellent show (until the lady has the baby - yikes!!). The baby is quite "sophisticated" at this point. Right now it can allegedly make distinctions in tastes in its' amniotic fluid. Of course, that is flavored by things that I eat. So in accordance with this thought, I exposed the baby to some Kuzma Family Classic Cuisine yesterday. For lunch we had Gorshe Spaghetti, noodles covered in ketchup with Parmesan cheese. (Ok, admit it, you all have weird family recipes that you eat. I will not expose any of you on this site, but I know your secrets.) For the record, Andy was not even in the house when I made that. In fact, my family has pretty much determined that you actually have to be blood linked to the Gorshe Family to even consider eating this food. For dinner, the classic Funeral Casserole, which is a rice and hamburger kind of dish. These are "comfort foods" that its important for the baby to enjoy. Yesterday was a day of indoctrination if the theories about taste buds are correct.

See you next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wild WineBaby ... ask the Baby Mamma to make you some Creamed Eggs on Toast for your new taste buds!

Love,
Pappa Razzi

PS - It is NEVER to early to start practicing those crossovers! (Go easy on your Momma with those slam dunks though!)

PSS - :D :D GMaB and I will be over soon to watch you wiggle! (xo xo)

7:10 PM  
Blogger A-Wine44 said...

get ready Mandy. The baby is going to go nuts tonight at 7pm when KG wins the tip-off and the T-Wolves season begins!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home