Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mandy's FAQ

There are a lot of you who read this blog, I think. In fact, I don't even know who all reads this. So to draw on your collective wisdom, please respond to the following questions in the comments section if you have any answers. :)

1. Do you know a woman who was/is pregnant whose belly button never "popped out?"

2. Do you personally know anyone who does infant day care that lives in the Twin Cities? (We're starting the search in a pretty broad search base.)

3. What suggestions do you have for us as we start to look for day care?

4. Do you have any recommendations for good diapers to buy?

I am in research mode since I am writing my paper, so I thought I'd extend my research base to all of you. As Andy said on his blog, "full on baby mode" begins now.

See you next time...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good questions, Mandy, but I, unfortunately, can be of little help in this area! But I do look forward to reading others' wisdom on these topics! I can answer most cat or painting related questions you may have though (j/k)!

Just love reading your blog!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answers to your questions are as follows:

1)My belly button never "popped out" in all of my 41+ weeks of being pregnant.

2)I do not personally know any infant child care providers other than the great staff at Children's World in Eagan.

3)Just rely on your gut feeling. There are plently of daycare options to choose from in the Twin Cities and you will know when you are at the right place.

4)For newborns, I would strongly recommend the Swaddlers line from Pampers.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Yay for questions in list format!

1. I'm not sure my belly button popped either. Did it? Gosh, I'm going to have to ask Erik.

2. I don't know of any day care but if you are still stuck when it's time to go back, you can always bring baby here until you figure it out. I live really close to where you work, don't I?

3. I agree with Megs. Your gut is never wrong.

4. We use Huggies baby-shaped diapers.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Good advice so far women. I am glad to hear about the belly buttons. I am pretty sure that mine's not coming out. :) Good advice about day care too.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is scary but Andy was such a big baby that my belly button popped out. I remember my younger sister seeing it through my shirt and pointing and laughing. I was horrified! Now I just think it's cute. I can't help you on the rest but as with most parenting decisions, with some information from books, other parents and a gut feeling; you will be fine.

Gramma Julie

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home