Three Posts In One
I have been MIA from the blog for awhile because we've been super busy. I keep thinking of things to blog about, so here are a few posts that I have written in my head in the last few weeks.
Hens and Chicks - We have gone "back to school" at our house. This means that Henry has started at a new day care. We were referred to Holly by a few different people and so far it is going well. There are several 3-4 year old girls there, so it is fun to see Henry play with big kids who are girls. The first day, for example, I picked him up and he was surrounded by like 4 princesses. He was not dressed as a princess, but I guess they tried to dress him as one. He has been sad in the morning, but overall we think it's good.
This Is How It's Gonna Be - It is my 27th school year start, my 6th as a teacher. I still enjoy being a teacher, so that is always nice. I have 9th and 10th graders in Geography and US History this year. The 9th graders take so much cultivating. Somehow they don't get how to "play school." They should be in their groove by May. Until then it will be a bumpy ride.
Hobdipdip - Currently one of our greatest pleasures is to hear Henry say Home Depot. It is odd, yes, that our 19 month old knows about Home Depot, but we go there all the time you see. Our house projects are coming along VERY nicely and we are pleased with the progress. We've "moved in" and by "moved in" I mean we can live in our bedrooms. There still isn't a kitchen, but we are close! We are getting so much help from our families and we are so grateful for everything. We will perhaps be in shape for a fall kegfest, but if we have to go into the winter we now have space to host many people!
Hope your almost-fall (Ha, Andy!) is going well. Soon we'll be picking apples and raking leaves!
Hens and Chicks - We have gone "back to school" at our house. This means that Henry has started at a new day care. We were referred to Holly by a few different people and so far it is going well. There are several 3-4 year old girls there, so it is fun to see Henry play with big kids who are girls. The first day, for example, I picked him up and he was surrounded by like 4 princesses. He was not dressed as a princess, but I guess they tried to dress him as one. He has been sad in the morning, but overall we think it's good.
This Is How It's Gonna Be - It is my 27th school year start, my 6th as a teacher. I still enjoy being a teacher, so that is always nice. I have 9th and 10th graders in Geography and US History this year. The 9th graders take so much cultivating. Somehow they don't get how to "play school." They should be in their groove by May. Until then it will be a bumpy ride.
Hobdipdip - Currently one of our greatest pleasures is to hear Henry say Home Depot. It is odd, yes, that our 19 month old knows about Home Depot, but we go there all the time you see. Our house projects are coming along VERY nicely and we are pleased with the progress. We've "moved in" and by "moved in" I mean we can live in our bedrooms. There still isn't a kitchen, but we are close! We are getting so much help from our families and we are so grateful for everything. We will perhaps be in shape for a fall kegfest, but if we have to go into the winter we now have space to host many people!
Hope your almost-fall (Ha, Andy!) is going well. Soon we'll be picking apples and raking leaves!

2 Comments:
It has been such fun to hear of your new home at 3078- we are both so anxious to see- and wish we could havwe been part of the clean-up crew-- How FUN!FUN! for lil henry-toramble about that big house! and You too- M. & A.--- You will never run out of tasks now!! Thanx to your Mother, for keeping us informed-- Love- and Happy days ahead-- GG"MA &G"GPA "BOB"
Can Henry say Lowes.com?
-Anonymous
Post a Comment
<< Home