All In A Day's Work
Happy News First...
Henry ate his vegetables and let me brush his teeth tonight. Wow! Double points for me. He surprised us at dinner by drinking out of a non-sippy cup. He ate 2 pieces of chicken, totaling an entire chicken breast. We read tons of stories. I only saw him slam hisself on the floor once. He helped put carrots into the pot while I was cooking dinner. Two students said my classroom feels "homey" to them. Not homie, like friend, but comfortable like home. That is a huge compliment from ninth graders. Another girl called me mom. Scott connected our dishwasher and garbage disposal tonight. HEAVEN. I am spoiled with these technologies.
Bad News Next...
Henry bit his friend at day care and drew blood. Despite the fact that it is seemingly "normal" for kids his age to bite, it is troubling. Tonight we were reading a story that has a little boy in it and he always calls that boy the name of his friend. Tonight we stopped reading and said "Yes, he is our friend. We don't bite him." At which point Henry leaned in to bite the book. Arg. Another student became enraged at someone and punched my clock off the wall today. It sucks not knowing what time it is now in my classroom. I was really sad to see that particular student get so upset because he isn't normally like that.
Henry ate his vegetables and let me brush his teeth tonight. Wow! Double points for me. He surprised us at dinner by drinking out of a non-sippy cup. He ate 2 pieces of chicken, totaling an entire chicken breast. We read tons of stories. I only saw him slam hisself on the floor once. He helped put carrots into the pot while I was cooking dinner. Two students said my classroom feels "homey" to them. Not homie, like friend, but comfortable like home. That is a huge compliment from ninth graders. Another girl called me mom. Scott connected our dishwasher and garbage disposal tonight. HEAVEN. I am spoiled with these technologies.
Bad News Next...
Henry bit his friend at day care and drew blood. Despite the fact that it is seemingly "normal" for kids his age to bite, it is troubling. Tonight we were reading a story that has a little boy in it and he always calls that boy the name of his friend. Tonight we stopped reading and said "Yes, he is our friend. We don't bite him." At which point Henry leaned in to bite the book. Arg. Another student became enraged at someone and punched my clock off the wall today. It sucks not knowing what time it is now in my classroom. I was really sad to see that particular student get so upset because he isn't normally like that.

2 Comments:
Thanks for the "homey" clarification Mandy :)
~Cassie
Yikes. No clock! I'm sure the kids would be willing to keep track of the time for you ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home