Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Week Henry!


Henry will turn 2 on Friday. We kicked off The Birthday Week with a trip to The MN Zoo this morning. The pictures above are from the caves on the Tropics Trail. We will celebrate with a low-key party with our families on Saturday night. The menu was planned by The Birthday Boy - "hangabur, fries" was his request.
One of my favorite quirks about him right now as he enters 2 is his unrelenting spirit towards grape tomatoes, of all things. I know he has a good memory, so its not like he forgets that he doesn't like them. I have been so amused the last couple of weeks as he has tried grape (and campari) tomatoes over and over. He sees them and wants one. He puts it in, crushes it with his teeth and gets this creeped out look on his face and immediately takes it out of his mouth. In some meals he's even tried more than one, like the next one might taste better.
It seems to me that he wants to like them and believes that maybe he will eventually find one that he likes. But for now I'm happy that he's willing to try over and over. He doesn't get his adventurous food style from me. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Happy Birthday Henry! I can't believe how big and "cool" you are!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home