Dirrty? Not Anymore.
I'm sure that most new parents have moments of clarity when they realize that life ain't neva gonna look the same again. In college me and the girls loved the Christina Aguilara song "Dirrty." Anytime it came on at a bar, we were sure to be out getting our groove on. If your phone rang in the middle of the night, it was a good bet that "Dirrty" was on and someone was thinking of you. We've even been known to run from one bar to another to get a CD with "Dirrty" on it because the DJ didn't have a copy. Yeah. The glory days.
So last night when Jill called during "Dirrty" being performed live at the Christina Aguilera concert and I was nursing Henry, I had such a moment of clarity. Dang. Not gonna get "dirrty." Not gonna get "rowdy." Well, maybe a little. But it won't ever be the same. Now I have a kid to embarrass. :P
On a high note, even my gimpy eyes couldn't keep me away from dinner with the girls last night. The company was fabulous; my meal left a little to be desired. We went to Figlio, which I normally love. While Angie and I were waiting for the men to pick us up afterwards, a car full of guys rolled past us and invited us to their place. Haha. It was pretty funny.
Jill - do I owe you like $5 for listening to that song last night? I feel as though I should pay for part of that ticket... :)
So last night when Jill called during "Dirrty" being performed live at the Christina Aguilera concert and I was nursing Henry, I had such a moment of clarity. Dang. Not gonna get "dirrty." Not gonna get "rowdy." Well, maybe a little. But it won't ever be the same. Now I have a kid to embarrass. :P
On a high note, even my gimpy eyes couldn't keep me away from dinner with the girls last night. The company was fabulous; my meal left a little to be desired. We went to Figlio, which I normally love. While Angie and I were waiting for the men to pick us up afterwards, a car full of guys rolled past us and invited us to their place. Haha. It was pretty funny.
Jill - do I owe you like $5 for listening to that song last night? I feel as though I should pay for part of that ticket... :)

1 Comments:
I know a coupla Grammies - and Grampies too - who would LOVE it if you kids would go out and get a little bit Diirty and leave your wee one behind for a time with "us" ... he would never have to know where his parents are ... and we'd spare him the humility.
(Insert evil laughter here!)
XO XO xo xo xo
Post a Comment
<< Home