Little Victories
1. Today is Henry's due date! Even though two weeks ago I would have sworn to you that I wanted to wait as long as possible for him to be born, I'm pretty pumped to have spent the last 10 days with our little guy. We've gotten in lots of cuddling, kisses, feeding frenzies, sleepy smiles, and dirty diapers. Speaking of which... 
2. Check out our new family trophy. That is Henry's booty, er what came out of his booty, for the last week. It made us laugh pretty hard the other night. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, this is the product of the Diaper Genie II - basically the diaper pail.
3. I left the house for the first time today in over a week. I went to Target. It was the first time I've been to Target since my illegal trip three weeks ago. It was the first time I've driven since January 17. It was the first time I've done anything without Henry since last May.
4. Last Sunday the home health care nurse came for a routine visit. Henry weighed 6lbs. 6oz. He had last about 7oz. of his birth weight. Today we went to the lactation consultant (our first family outing!) and he weighed 6 lbs. 14oz.! He has launched himself back up and over his birth weight. We also got some good tips that will hopefully help us in this whole lactation business.
5. This evening Henry's belly button fell off! Andy found it while changing his diaper. Now we can give him a real bath and that is a very good thing. Judge me if you must, but I am saving it for now. It is in the baby book pile. I think that my mom saved mine too. :P
2. Check out our new family trophy. That is Henry's booty, er what came out of his booty, for the last week. It made us laugh pretty hard the other night. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, this is the product of the Diaper Genie II - basically the diaper pail.
3. I left the house for the first time today in over a week. I went to Target. It was the first time I've been to Target since my illegal trip three weeks ago. It was the first time I've driven since January 17. It was the first time I've done anything without Henry since last May.
4. Last Sunday the home health care nurse came for a routine visit. Henry weighed 6lbs. 6oz. He had last about 7oz. of his birth weight. Today we went to the lactation consultant (our first family outing!) and he weighed 6 lbs. 14oz.! He has launched himself back up and over his birth weight. We also got some good tips that will hopefully help us in this whole lactation business.
5. This evening Henry's belly button fell off! Andy found it while changing his diaper. Now we can give him a real bath and that is a very good thing. Judge me if you must, but I am saving it for now. It is in the baby book pile. I think that my mom saved mine too. :P
6. Chloe, Bruno, and Henry are getting along pretty well. That's Chloe checking out who is inh
abiting her car seat when we got home today. Chloe is mostly interested in making sure that she still gets squishy food and attention from us. Bruno is sometimes curious, but mostly just likes to jump into Henry's play-yard when he's not in there. They aren't scared of anything he does so far. We're pleased at how they're all getting along.
See you next time...

2 Comments:
I laughed so hard when I saw Andy with all those diapers.
Keep the pictures coming!
Here, here, on the grandparent gig. We love it too. I still have trouble grasping the idea of my son changing his son's diapers but he is quite good at it. They are both wonderful parents already and Henry is most precious.
We can't wait to show him off to the extended family and friends.
Love, Grandma Julie and Grandpa Scott
Post a Comment
<< Home