Here Comes Winebaby!
First of all, I am writing this and not posting it tonight. So it will be posted at some point, but not until after Winebaby has been born! I just think you might want to know the beginning of the Winebaby birth story.
Today I went to the doctor and my BP was 160/90, which is pretty high. I knew that wasn't good news (and I swear I've been resting!). The doctor confirmed by responding that it is time to induce, even after she checked it and it was back to "normal high" for me. She said "I'm thinking tomorrow." I'm not gonna lie - I was pretty freaked out. I even semi-tried to suggest not inducing. She said at this point we have nothing to gain by keeping the baby inside. And I said is there anything to lose by keeping it in? She said that because of my high blood pressure I could get sicker and it could cause complications. I'm hoping that means that despite having irregularly high blood pressure I will still be able to have a "complications-free" delivery by inducing tomorrow.
So we've talked to our families and the hospital and we will go in tomorrow at 6am! They will break my water and start the Pitocin. Do you think we'll sleep tonight? Yikes. My mom vacuumed for us and started some laundry. I am getting packed (some of you know I've been dragging my feet on this). I think we'll also set up the Pack and Play "bassinet" tonight. Other last night before baby activities include eating Jimmy Johns and watching the T-Wolves. We're both pretty anxious and nervous and excited and unsure how to act now. So we'll just try to keep each other calm.
Hopefully you'll enjoy this part of the story even though you're reading it after the fact. I just thought it might save on some writing later. :) Plus, I've been using the blog as a journal and now I'll remember today a little better. I'm totally praying that I wake up in labor tonight; that would be awesome. But I have faith that tomorrow will bring what we can handle and of course our baby will be here sooner than we thought!!
See you next time (when Winebaby is on the outside)...
Today I went to the doctor and my BP was 160/90, which is pretty high. I knew that wasn't good news (and I swear I've been resting!). The doctor confirmed by responding that it is time to induce, even after she checked it and it was back to "normal high" for me. She said "I'm thinking tomorrow." I'm not gonna lie - I was pretty freaked out. I even semi-tried to suggest not inducing. She said at this point we have nothing to gain by keeping the baby inside. And I said is there anything to lose by keeping it in? She said that because of my high blood pressure I could get sicker and it could cause complications. I'm hoping that means that despite having irregularly high blood pressure I will still be able to have a "complications-free" delivery by inducing tomorrow.
So we've talked to our families and the hospital and we will go in tomorrow at 6am! They will break my water and start the Pitocin. Do you think we'll sleep tonight? Yikes. My mom vacuumed for us and started some laundry. I am getting packed (some of you know I've been dragging my feet on this). I think we'll also set up the Pack and Play "bassinet" tonight. Other last night before baby activities include eating Jimmy Johns and watching the T-Wolves. We're both pretty anxious and nervous and excited and unsure how to act now. So we'll just try to keep each other calm.
Hopefully you'll enjoy this part of the story even though you're reading it after the fact. I just thought it might save on some writing later. :) Plus, I've been using the blog as a journal and now I'll remember today a little better. I'm totally praying that I wake up in labor tonight; that would be awesome. But I have faith that tomorrow will bring what we can handle and of course our baby will be here sooner than we thought!!
See you next time (when Winebaby is on the outside)...

4 Comments:
Congrats to you both! Cute kid!
You have a cute family. Henry is very lucky to have a mom and dad like you guys. I can't wait to hold him. Another boy for the Kuzma herd.
love,
Great Aunt Tracy
HEy ms. Wineberger! HE IS SOOO O CUTE!!! And he looks jux like his father!..... i miss you.... Oh and i was wondering if you still talk to ms. Allen?? Cuz the SWAS seniors this year are planning on having a fancy dinner and then we are goin to the como zoo... So if you still talk to her can you ask her if she wants to or if she can come.... And oh yea i guess you can come if you want to! lol jk you better come and bring the hubby and the new edition to little wineberger family!!! Talk to u later ms. wineberger!! have a wonderful day!!!
oH BY THE WAY THE LAST COMMENT I FOR GOT TO PUT MY NAME! ITS Stephanie Lewis!.... Oh yea and Hedca and Ashley are "talking" again lol! ttyl!
Post a Comment
<< Home