Bed Rest Report Day #2
Days on Bed Rest: 2
Episodes of The Baby Story/Bringing Home Baby Watched: 4
My first two days of "bed rest" have been interesting. Bed rest has included lots of sitting on the couch, lots of talking on the phone, lots of computer time and some illegal activity like going to school (just for an hour and a half), out to lunch (on the way home) and to present at my master's class (I didn't stay the whole time). The result: yesterday my trusty personal home care assistant, Jill, took my blood pressure and it was in the normal range. Hoorah. Continue the rest!
The baby seems to be doing well. S/he is wiggly! Today I have felt lots of movement on my right side and all over the front. I haven't experienced much side movement until this point. I guess s/he is as excited to meet us as we are to meet her/him. Right now I am hoping that we still have a little time though. I bet that will change within a week or so. The baby was very active a few minutes ago when KG got ejected from the T-Wolves game. Dang, I hope he doesn't get suspended.
Surprisingly, I have been busy enough to not answer all phone calls and respond to all emails! Our semester at work ends next week and I was not even close to being ready for a sub to take over. So, on par with the entire school year, there has been lots of scrambling to get that stuff wrapped up - writing finals, study guides, notes for the sub and getting caught up on grading. I am hoping to be officially done working by the end of the weekend. I will be happy when those things are all done.
We are getting lots of help from our families with food and entertainment. :) They are good to us! Tomorrow we have plans to watch several movies and perhaps Andy will start working on one of the many lists that I have started drafting (yikes!). He is a nice person.
See you next time...
Episodes of The Baby Story/Bringing Home Baby Watched: 4
My first two days of "bed rest" have been interesting. Bed rest has included lots of sitting on the couch, lots of talking on the phone, lots of computer time and some illegal activity like going to school (just for an hour and a half), out to lunch (on the way home) and to present at my master's class (I didn't stay the whole time). The result: yesterday my trusty personal home care assistant, Jill, took my blood pressure and it was in the normal range. Hoorah. Continue the rest!
The baby seems to be doing well. S/he is wiggly! Today I have felt lots of movement on my right side and all over the front. I haven't experienced much side movement until this point. I guess s/he is as excited to meet us as we are to meet her/him. Right now I am hoping that we still have a little time though. I bet that will change within a week or so. The baby was very active a few minutes ago when KG got ejected from the T-Wolves game. Dang, I hope he doesn't get suspended.
Surprisingly, I have been busy enough to not answer all phone calls and respond to all emails! Our semester at work ends next week and I was not even close to being ready for a sub to take over. So, on par with the entire school year, there has been lots of scrambling to get that stuff wrapped up - writing finals, study guides, notes for the sub and getting caught up on grading. I am hoping to be officially done working by the end of the weekend. I will be happy when those things are all done.
We are getting lots of help from our families with food and entertainment. :) They are good to us! Tomorrow we have plans to watch several movies and perhaps Andy will start working on one of the many lists that I have started drafting (yikes!). He is a nice person.
See you next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home