One Month to Go.
So all the people who were "due around the same time as us" have had their babies! Congratulations to our friends who are new parents. Here's what that means for us - we only have 4.5 weeks until the due date. Gulp. Perhaps its time to get that crib set up and buy a changing table. Haha. All I can do is laugh at us as to how not ready we are to bring the baby home from the hospital. Or go to the hospital. Don't get me wrong - we're both ready for the baby to be here externally. We just don't have all of our ducks in a row yet. Perhaps we never will.
We had our first shower this weekend, hosted by Krissa and featuring the Wineberg and Jacobson women. It was very fun and we were showered with many fabulous gifts for the baby. Now the baby's room has lots of baby stuff in it! We have our crib, parked in its' box in our dining room, and just need to make time to get it set up. I also have to find a white changing table (which they do not carry at Target, evidently). And Scott and Andy changed the light fixture this weekend, so the lighting has improved.
Last night we attended the Breastfeeding Class at the hospital. Yikes. There is a lot to think about with that whole situation. Once again, we were like the youngest people in the class and probably the only people who giggled once in awhile. Like when I had to hold a plastic doll and pretend to breastfeed it. Ok. Good thing I am a teacher and recognize the value of kinesthetic/experiential learning. Haha. :) I have a lot of respect for the process of breastfeeding and the women who breastfeed. I hope its in the cards for breastfeeding to work out for our little family. I am also trying to keep the perspective that many women have wisely shared with me - the goal of a happy, healthy baby (& sane parents). Stay tuned this weekend for a report on the class called "All About Babies," sure to be a blockbuster hit.
Speaking of blockbusters, check out Andy's post about the Cinema of 2006; it's highly entertaining. See you next time...
We had our first shower this weekend, hosted by Krissa and featuring the Wineberg and Jacobson women. It was very fun and we were showered with many fabulous gifts for the baby. Now the baby's room has lots of baby stuff in it! We have our crib, parked in its' box in our dining room, and just need to make time to get it set up. I also have to find a white changing table (which they do not carry at Target, evidently). And Scott and Andy changed the light fixture this weekend, so the lighting has improved.
Last night we attended the Breastfeeding Class at the hospital. Yikes. There is a lot to think about with that whole situation. Once again, we were like the youngest people in the class and probably the only people who giggled once in awhile. Like when I had to hold a plastic doll and pretend to breastfeed it. Ok. Good thing I am a teacher and recognize the value of kinesthetic/experiential learning. Haha. :) I have a lot of respect for the process of breastfeeding and the women who breastfeed. I hope its in the cards for breastfeeding to work out for our little family. I am also trying to keep the perspective that many women have wisely shared with me - the goal of a happy, healthy baby (& sane parents). Stay tuned this weekend for a report on the class called "All About Babies," sure to be a blockbuster hit.
Speaking of blockbusters, check out Andy's post about the Cinema of 2006; it's highly entertaining. See you next time...

1 Comments:
Dude, that new light sucks.
Post a Comment
<< Home