Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thank You!

Days on Bed Rest: 7
Good Things I've Eaten This Week: Rice Krispie Bars, Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, Chicken Vegetable Soup, Manicotti, Bagels and Nutella, I'm about to eat Panera for lunch!
Episodes of Baby Story Watched: 10
Times I Cried During Baby Story: 1
Headlines: Dwane Casey (T-Wolves Coach) was "relieved" of his coaching duties on Tuesday, Leos are the safest drivers and Libras are the worst (Channel 9 found this important yesterday), Michele Bachmann is all over the news for her "intimate" moment with President Bush, John Kerry is not going to run for President in 2008 (did anyone think that he would?), Andy and I have only seen two nominations for Best Picture this year.

Well, I've been bed resting for 1 week. Yesterday was the first day that I had some moments where I thought, "this is no good." I have been pretty busy until yesterday and I don't even think that I am necessarily bored, but my body feels funky from sitting and laying around all day. I haven't been out of the house since Monday morning at 10:00. I've been to the basement twice in the last week, so you can imagine the state of my muscles. Yikes.

Winebaby is doing well! I think s/he is still growing at a rapid rate and thumping around quite a bit. I've decided to keep track of when the baby is most active during the day (since I have time) to compare to when s/he is on the outside. I've been reading some research that says that extremely active fetuses with stressed out moms tend to be fussy babies. There is research that contradicts this as well. Aren't you glad that I have so much time on my hands!?! :) I will just be interested to see if his/her active times in utero align with active times out utero.

I've had lots of visitors, phone calls, and computer communications. It has been nice to have human contact! :) Many of you have brought food and come and listen to me babble on and I appreciate that. Jill even came over yesterday and performed the extremely disgusting task of taking down our old shower curtains. They were in rough shape and I couldn't stand them any longer. Now Andy has put up the nice clean ones and they are fabulous!

Overall, I am still happy to be on bed rest if it means the baby can "bake" a little longer. I'd really like to get as close to my due date as possible (although today is my cousin Tony's 21st birthday - have fun Tony!). I go back to the doctor on Monday, so we'll see what happens then.

See you later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a little late...making it a lot random, but I like that you called your husband a nice person!... Still laughing. Soon "we" (random people from Tartan) will come invade your space and make your dining room table "the cool table" I am excited for you and I am hoping that you are close to having things wrapped up at school. Much love for you, Andy and the baby!
Susan

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home