Profound Thought
We just got our glider set up in Henry's room last night. It is very fun! I wish we would have had it from the get-go, but we didn't. Anyways, I have observed that I am the kind of person who is always thinking about what is next and always preparing for what will happen in the future. It leaves me in anticipation and often unable to enjoy what I am currently experiencing. For example, in college I couldn't wait to go to France for a semester and while I was there I couldn't wait to come home.
As Henry and I were gliding this morning, I realized that for one of the first times I am not living in the next moment. I am pretty much able to enjoy what is going on right now. There's no where I'd rather be than gliding with Henry, listening to him grunt his gas out. :) And I am making a strong effort to not think about going back to work or daycare', I'm just here. That's how I feel for today anyways.
Henry rocks.
As Henry and I were gliding this morning, I realized that for one of the first times I am not living in the next moment. I am pretty much able to enjoy what is going on right now. There's no where I'd rather be than gliding with Henry, listening to him grunt his gas out. :) And I am making a strong effort to not think about going back to work or daycare', I'm just here. That's how I feel for today anyways.
Henry rocks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home