Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Our Trip to the Mall

Before I was even pregnant, I remember talking with my friends about how travelling with ease would go out the window with a baby. You can't just "run in" to Target. Or take your time browsing. Or lose track of time. Today was a good illustration about how my life has changed. It's not that today is the first day that I realized my life has changed, that has occurred millions of times in the last 29 days. Today Henry and I took our first trip to the mall. Ahhh, I remember the days of riding on the escalator, dwaddling in and out of stores. Perhaps stopping at five or six unplanned places outside of the mall and making my way home to eat lunch. Or even going out to lunch with someone.

It was so weird to be at the mall with a baby. Man, he attracts a lot of attention, and he should because he is really cute and very well-behaved. And by well-behaved I mean he slept the whole time. :) Today I learned how important it is to not park as close as you can to someone's back car-door - they might need some space to get their carseat in. I learned that it's super nice when someone holds the door open for you and your stroller. I also learned where the elevator is in Southdale. :P It was a really good trip and our travel system is awesome at facilitating travel with ease. The photo above is actually from the mall. It's part of my mom's photo book project.

We have been taking little trips out and about, but they can only last at maximum 4 hours because Henry likes to and needs to eat often. Henry's time is also spent eating (his passion right now), sleeping (another favorite), an occasional book, taking baths (he is very pleasant during baths!), visiting with friends and family, changing diapers and clothes, and trying to keep his pacifiers away from the cat. My time has been spent with all the aforementioned activities, plus trying to stay sane in my dirty house and finishing two Master's classes. Yikes! I finished one today and now I need to get serious about the other one and get it done.

This weekend we have our last baby shower - hosted by my sister and my mom's girlfriends. It's sure to be fun! The picture to the left is Henry's earliest self-portrait. Well, I took it, but with him sitting on my lap. It's from Monday.

See you next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home