Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Maybe It's Because He Has Poop in His Pants All the Time and Has No Teeth

So the last few days Henry has let out these random screams - short and intense. He gets red in the face like his mom, but just yells once. We have a few theories. One is that he has gas and gets upset. Another is that he is disturbed that he is pooping. Yet another, offered up by Andy tonight, is that he is frustrated that he always has poop in his pants and has no teeth. I like that one best. Because he almost always does have a full diaper. I guess it's normal for breastfed babies to crap after every meal. He eats 8-12 times a day. You do the math.

Henry is phenomenal. I didn't think I would turn into a cliche machine once I had a baby, but helas, it has occurred. It is so cool to watch him change each day and explore what is going on around him. He is staying awake more (during the day and sometimes at night) and it is fun to see him observe his surroundings. Granted he can see less than a foot, but he seems interested in some stuff. He also is very interested in eating. He has been eating every 2 hours today and most of the rest of the days he's been alive. Many of you have experienced wait time while I feed him.

Today we got outside for our first walk! Aunt Krissa and I took him for a walk down to the Riverview Cafe. He enjoyed the stroll while sleeping the entire time! I have included some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Caution Readers: I will be writing about breastfeeding here, so do not continue reading if that bothers you. For those of you who have listen to me obsess about breastfeeding, there is some news. Tonight I pumped for the first time. It was really scary. A lot more scary than Henry's hungry face (see photo to left). That machine is intense. But, it is a necessary thing. And in the end it wasn't so bad.

See you next time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Andy's theory too, it just makes sense.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thats a mean face, aint no one gonna mess with HW.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home