Today
Here are four facts about Today.
1. We spent the evening at the doctor's office and waiting for prescriptions. Poor Hensdoggle has pink eye and an ear infection. He was so healthyish at Christmas break. Go figure. He gets to take tomorrow off from school and Andy and I get to split a day home with him. Henry and I will have an even longer weekend, as we have Monday off too.
2. From approximately 4:30p until 9:34p today our computer didn't work. And we were even gone from 6:20p - 8:45p too. I thought I was going to spaz out. It started when Henry was banging on the keyboard and the screen went black. I couldn't get the screen to come back on. My voice raised a few octaves and I got really snippy as I tried to "troubleshoot" a black screen. I even woke Jill up to give me the Toshiba number and they were CLOSED already at 9:30p. Luckily Andy just banged on the keyboard again (I did try that) and it restarted itself and voila - beauty!! So far about 5 hours I recognized how truly pathetic I am about being able to be connected and online.
3. Someone told me about this at work today. Our lunch discussion today really beat our normal topics of failed referendums, naughty kids and inflated insurance premiums. I am very scared of aliens and this is a fear that goes back to my childhood. I used to lay in bed at night and wonder which lights in the sky were going to end up being UFOs. We lived right under the traffic from the airport, which was literally 10 minutes away from our house. Duh. I also do a killer impression of the aliens from the film Signs. Ask me to do it when you think the time is right. (Frankly, I just freaked myself out when trying to link a photo of the alien from Signs. Creepy.)
4. Henry's Birthday Story begins TODAY! One year ago today I was still flipping out, but for a different reason. I had been elevated to high blood pressure bed rest status and commenced the bed rest process. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day when I ate delicious chocolate/berry crepes with my mom and thought I was going to have the baby then. It was a weird time.
1. We spent the evening at the doctor's office and waiting for prescriptions. Poor Hensdoggle has pink eye and an ear infection. He was so healthyish at Christmas break. Go figure. He gets to take tomorrow off from school and Andy and I get to split a day home with him. Henry and I will have an even longer weekend, as we have Monday off too.
2. From approximately 4:30p until 9:34p today our computer didn't work. And we were even gone from 6:20p - 8:45p too. I thought I was going to spaz out. It started when Henry was banging on the keyboard and the screen went black. I couldn't get the screen to come back on. My voice raised a few octaves and I got really snippy as I tried to "troubleshoot" a black screen. I even woke Jill up to give me the Toshiba number and they were CLOSED already at 9:30p. Luckily Andy just banged on the keyboard again (I did try that) and it restarted itself and voila - beauty!! So far about 5 hours I recognized how truly pathetic I am about being able to be connected and online.
3. Someone told me about this at work today. Our lunch discussion today really beat our normal topics of failed referendums, naughty kids and inflated insurance premiums. I am very scared of aliens and this is a fear that goes back to my childhood. I used to lay in bed at night and wonder which lights in the sky were going to end up being UFOs. We lived right under the traffic from the airport, which was literally 10 minutes away from our house. Duh. I also do a killer impression of the aliens from the film Signs. Ask me to do it when you think the time is right. (Frankly, I just freaked myself out when trying to link a photo of the alien from Signs. Creepy.)
4. Henry's Birthday Story begins TODAY! One year ago today I was still flipping out, but for a different reason. I had been elevated to high blood pressure bed rest status and commenced the bed rest process. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the day when I ate delicious chocolate/berry crepes with my mom and thought I was going to have the baby then. It was a weird time.

2 Comments:
Having a sick 1 yr old is tough. Jacob is just, somewhat, getting better from a 102 temp that kept him up off and on. Luckily he is getting better. Hopefully Henry feels better.
Also, Jacob has more than once gone after our keyboard/computer/mouse/whatever is available for reach no matter how many "NO's" he gets. Just thought i'd share.
Ohhh..poor Henry!
I'm so sorry to hear he's been sick too. Maya is on her way back to just mildly sick versus the past week's horribly sick. I hope summer comes soon! I can't take much more snot and sad baby.
Give Henry a big hug and smooch from Maya and me :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home