Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lately

I haven't updated in awhile, a sure sign that the busyness of summer is approaching rapidly.

Henry is doing well at 15 3/4 months. He walks and talks and has little fits and plays a lot. Today he said the sentence "Bapa nummy-nummy" at my parents' house (translation = grandpa's got food). He also says "bye bye" when he wants to go outside. He knows how to pester both grandmas in the kitchen "nummy-nummy." (I'm afraid he thinks that's where they belong, though they both do fine work in there). He doesn't like to go barefoot in the grass. He can't sit in his stroller for a walk around an entire lake. He does a funny little jig now and sings "Boowa" "Vroom-Vroom" and "Beep Beep." He loves to eat baked beans and pickles and goldfish crackers and pretty much anything that is junk-foodie. Trying to fit keys into door knobs is also a favorite pastime.

We have welcomed another friend, Ava, baby of Mike and Brie. I got to visit them today - she is very cute! We look forward to a fun summer (starting in 14 days) with our friends.

Speaking of friends, today Cassie said one of the funniest things ever. I was asking her, while on the phone at Old Navy, if I need gray capris. She responded "it's just a lighter shade of black." I didn't laugh at the time, but after we hung up I reflected on the hilarity of the quote. Ha! Surely, I did need the pair of gray capris then. :)

I am planning to read this book this weekend while relaxing at the cabin. I hope I get the stupid US History essays graded before then. Blah! I shouldn't assign essays.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, so the teachers DO actually read the essays? I thought they just marked 89%, 92% and a random 70% for the bums.

DK

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home