Friday, February 01, 2008

A Real Mom

This week being Birthday Week, I have participated in two motherly rituals. And being a woman after my own mother's heart, both occurred at the very last minute. (Please don't withold your talents for the party, mom. :P )

Case A - Cupcakes for Day Care. These kind of had to be made at the last minute. You can't really make cupcakes in advance and have them taste good. But I was making cupcakes on Tuesday night at 9:30. And I did remind myself that no one but me had the expectation of homemade cupcakes the next day. They turned out good and the Birthday Boy seemed to like them.

Case B - Goodie Bags for the Birthday Bash. These bags have haunted me for months. I read articles online about Goodie Bags. I talked to other moms. I perused the Goodie Bag aisles. I considered not doing them as the hippie Berkeley Network parents suggested. I finally settled on plan and was ready to move forward. Of course our last minute errands had me panicked tonight. But we're good to go.

I PONED you Goodie Bags. ("Pone" = "Own" if you are 15 years old and play on the internet.) Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home