No Fun.
This weekend has been mostly no fun. The poor Wrins (Henry) has been pretty sickly. He started out with the ear infection and pink eye on Thursday. He seemed to rally Friday into Saturday, but nose dived on Saturday afternoon. He spiked a nasty temperature (Thank God it really wasn't 108.5 like our decrepit thermometer said) and was extra snuggly. Yesterday he threw up in the morning, but again seemed to rebound after a long nap. Then overnight he got another temp so we visited the doctor this morning. Nothing new to report. The ears are slightly better and the doctor mostly thought that this is just another bug on top of last weeks. Arg. Now he has been sleeping most of the afternoon, not playing, and not eating.
I am posting this mostly because I know that other moms read this, so maybe you have some advice. Mostly I just need to be told to calm down. My sister and Andy pointed out that this is also how adults react to illness - to sleep it off and not be starving. I am nervous to send him to day care tomorrow.
Oh yeah. This is the 100th post. Hooray! I'd thought it would be something cool and fantastic. But that's the thing about expectations... :) Hope you're all getting around safely in this unexpected snow today.
I am posting this mostly because I know that other moms read this, so maybe you have some advice. Mostly I just need to be told to calm down. My sister and Andy pointed out that this is also how adults react to illness - to sleep it off and not be starving. I am nervous to send him to day care tomorrow.
Oh yeah. This is the 100th post. Hooray! I'd thought it would be something cool and fantastic. But that's the thing about expectations... :) Hope you're all getting around safely in this unexpected snow today.

2 Comments:
Just thought you would want to know...Brighton has an ear infection too and for the first three or four days didn't eat much at all! He liked yogurt...but I think there was one day that was all he ate! With Bennett I was JUST like you :) Now with the three I have gotten better...but I think that Mom's ALWAYS worry with a sick little one!! Tell Henry to get better...our birthday is just around the corner :P Can you believe it...one year????
This cold & flu crap that's going around is a doozy. I think it's natural to worry though. Whenever Finn's sick I want to run to the ER or head to the hills, whichever is closer.
Finn doesn't eat much when he's sick either. We pretty much turn on WonderPets and snuggle on the couch for a couple days.
These are the things I do when Finn's sick:
1. Movies, snuggle time.
2. Bathes -- he seems to feel better afterwards.
3. Humidifier.
4. Tylenol.
5. Make smoothies for dinner.
6. Obsessive internet surfing to find out what horrible disease he's inflicted with. (I don't recommend this one).
Post a Comment
<< Home