Monday, May 21, 2007

Back By Popular Demand

I have been chastised into writing a more current blog. And I have to admit that I've been leaving nasty messages on some of your blogs to update too. Touche. Truthfully, we've just been plugging along so there haven't been many updates. Some highlights of the last month - visiting with great-grandparents and great-great-grandma, going to the cabin, meeting family members, day care exposure to the chicken pox (we're holding our breath till 5/30 to be in the clear), incessant stuffy noses (Henry and his dad), visiting friends at Tartan, happy baths, a spontaneous outing to watch volleyball and visit friends last week, and my first Mother's Day.

Last night I went to book club and was thrilled to meet Lydia, the daughter of our book club friend, Erin. She is a cutie! She was born on April 20th, so it was very exciting to see a tiny baby again. Some of you probably think Henry is still tiny (he is still pretty new), but it made me realize how much he has grown in the last couple of months. It made me nostalgic and near tearful to realize that he has grown and developed so much. (Cliche No.137 on my blog.) Here is a list of Henry's "new things":
  • Smiling and laughing - He smiles a lot and it makes any crappy day instantly better. He recently started laughing too. He makes this little noise as he breathes in and it is cute!

  • Head control - He is pretty strong. While he hates tummy time, he is getting better at keeping his head up. We've actually put him in the exersaucer (stationary walker) within the last week and he seems to enjoy it. The toys interest him a great deal. We also have a Bumbo, which makes him look way older than he is, as it helps him to sit up on his own.

  • Constant arm and leg movement - While laying on his back he is constantly fluttering his appendages around.

  • Talking - He can babble up a storm. It sounds like he really believes he is communicating a message, but just lacks our vocabulary. He changes his expression when he "talks" and the pitch too. It is so cute!

  • Fingernails - They grow at an astonishing rate and I'm having to cut them weekly. My nails never grow that fast. Although I'm not ever tempted to scratch my own face either. Ouch.

  • Hands in Mouth - His hands are often in his mouth. Jill and Jordan think he looks like Stewie from The Family Guy, maniacally plotting against the world. Kevin the stuffed frog is no longer safe from his mouth either.

When I picked him up at day care today, his teacher Julie said "his diapers are too small!" I guess he peed through two outfits, so he was wearing the outfit to the right. Doesn't he look cute in pink?!? He was actually laughing and super smiley when I picked him up. Last week he drooled all over his spare, so they had to dip into the general emergency day care stash. He also ate near 13-14oz, which has to be a record. This boy is growing! He has also been waking up more than usual in the night to eat, so while it is tiring it's fun that he is noticeably getting bigger. I told Andy this story and he said that Henry peed through his diaper this morning too. So literally, he outgrew his diapers overnight. On to the next size!

We are looking forward to June 8th with great anticipation. It will be the last day of work. Then we will spend the summer together, visiting all of you for lunches perhaps. :)

See you next time...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do NOT like this random pink outfit.
-Daddy

8:48 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I love that last picture of you and Henry. It's gorgeous!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry is so very adorable, and by the way dad, real men can pull off pink. Thanks for the updates! It was great to see you last Thursday.
~Beth

2:57 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Purple is as close as I will get to pink. But when I wear my purple shirt at work, they call me Barny.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home