Tuesday, May 29, 2007

4 Months

Tomorrow marks four months since Henry's arrival. It has gone by pretty quickly. He is growing fast! He is very amusing and spends his time "chatting" (I learned that they actually have to be making consonant sounds before it is considered "babbling") and playing in his exersaucer. I also found out today that they are teaching the babies sign language at day care. His teacher thinks he might be a bit young to learn, but may pick up on a few things. Cute!

This last weekend we spent some time at the South Long Lake cabin. He was really good (though he's still not packing his own suitcase yet!). As you can see, he went on his first boat ride over the weekend. While he looks adorable, he's not a fan of the life jacket. It will definitely take some getting used to. As Andy pointed out, in a month or so when his neck grows a bit more he will be much more comfortable. He is also starting to chomp - on his hands, your hands, Kevin, blankets, toys - whatever gets near his mouth sometimes. He is also very drooly. Other times he is totally fine. Is teething on the horizon perhaps?

We aren't going in for the 4 month check-up for a few weeks yet, but I will be sure to post his stats when we have an update.

The year is winding down at school - THANKFULLY! Last week I felt like I could teach for a while longer, thanks to my fabulous 3 month leave. However things took a turn for the worse today when two 9th graders couldn't label Mexico on a map of the world. Should I be fired?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You shouldnt be fired, Learning where Mexico is should take place in 2nd grade. Obviously not smarter than a 5th grader.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Lochner5 said...

The little winebaby is as cute as ever!! We will continue to save our "cute" clothes for little Henry! It is fun to have someone else we know wear our favorites as well!!

He is such a cutie....I hope that we will be able to meet him sometime over the summer.

Please continue the updates it is fun to see what others joys/struggles with parenting are~also fun to know that you aren't the only one with the same feelings!! Take care

Katie Lochner

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home